PHM 831 - Endocrine Pharmacology
Physiology, pharmacology, and toxicology of the endocrine system. Endocrine diseases, pharmacological intervention, hormone therapy, endocrine disruptors, role of hormones in normal metabolism and metabolic disorders, and animal models of endocrine and metabolic disorders.
- Introduction to endocrinological pharmacology
- Hypothalamic hormones
- Posterior pituitary hormones
- Anterior pituitary hormones
- Hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis
- Hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis
- Other local hormones
- Endocrine system and metabolic disorders
- Endocrine disruptors and animal models of endocrine/metabolic disease
Not open to students with credit in PHM 820
Williams Textbook of Endocrinology
12th edition - Kronenberg & Williams
In addition, a coursepack covering the material will be posted online for each section."
Dr. Keith Lookingland.
- Grad Cert/ SafetyPhm
- 730 MSU program Students
- 731 Lifelong In-State
- 732 Lifelong Out-State