PHM 850 - Communications for Scientists*
Effective research and business communication, including written and verbal skills for a variety of audiences and purposes. Essential principles and practical guidelines for scientific writing.
Completion of 10 credits in MS program is strongly recommended prior to enrollment.
Effective writing is an absolute requirement for success in any scientific career. This course will provide students with practical guidelines for scientific writing so that the information can be conveyed to the target audience in an accurate and efficient manner. Students in this class will learn the essential principles of scientific writing and put them into practice by composing scientific text and revising the writing of others.
- Scientific Writing Principles
- Word choice
- Sentence structure
- Paragraph structure
- Parts of a Scientific Article
- Materials and Methods
- Term Paper
- Writing in the Biological Sciences
- Oxford University Press
- 4th edition (2021)
- Publisher : Oxford University Press; 4th edition (April 13, 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 384 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0197543588
- ISBN-13 : 978-0197543580
Dr. Teri Lansdell holds a PhD in Pharmacology from MSU.
Online Summer, Online Fall
- MS/Pharmacology & Toxicology (required)
- MS/Integrative Pharmacology (required)
- 730 (Pharm/Tox MS-PSM Online Students Only)