The mission of the program is to prepare students to be leaders in the field of pharmacological sciences.
Students will be well prepared for jobs in academia, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries or governement.
Special focus on in vivo pharmacology training and drug discovery methods and approaches.
Training provides students a much broader persepctive on pharmacology that better prepares them to lead multi-disciplinary research teams in the pharmacological sciences.
Cooperation and scientific interaction among faculty and students in the seven participating Ph.D. programs deepens understanding and encourages collaborative work.
Innovative features and activities unique to the program include:
- Two-week long boot camps that focus on techniques
- Teaching opportunities including online classes
- Online courses to lessen time away from the lab
- Fellowship writing workshop
- Exposure to non-academic careers and regional networking opportunities