SURF - Research Fellowships
The ASPET Summer Undergraduate Research Fellow (SURF) Awards introduces undergraduate students to pharmacology research by utilizing authentic, mentored research experiences to heighten student interest in careers in research and related health care disciplines.
Students will work ~40 hrs/wk in the lab under the mentorship of a pharmacologist / toxicologist Ph.D. advisor and with additional supervision of experienced researchers.
- Additional career / professional development activities will be scheduled.
- Stipend provided.
- Out of state students may apply for a housing allotment.
Exciting research opportunities are available this summer for cutting edge research experiences in:
- Drug Development
- Environmental Health
Ten week programs starting in June, ending in August.
Some flexibility in start/end time is available for students with different academic schedules.
To apply, send the following information by the deadline of March 1, 2017:
- Personal statement including: professional goals, any prior research experience, and a description of how this program will help you achieve your goals.
- Your resume
- Non-official transcripts including a list of courses presently taking
- Two (2) letters of recommendation sent by email
Dr. Karen Liby, Associate Professor &
Director, SURF Program