SURF - Research Fellowships
Because of COVID-19, the 2020 MSU ASPET SURF program has been cancelled. This program is funded for 2021, and applications for the summer of 2021 will be accepted via our website beginning in November 2020.
SURF students 2019
The ASPET Summer Undergraduate Research Fellow (SURF) Awards
introduce undergraduate students to pharmacology research by utilizing mentored research experiences to heighten student interest in careers in research or related health care disciplines.
Students will work ~40 hrs/wk in the lab under the mentorship of a pharmacologist / toxicologist Ph.D. advisor and with additional supervision of experienced researchers.
- Weekly seminar series
- Oral and poster presentations
- Stipend provided
Exciting research opportunities are available this summer for cutting edge research experiences in:
- Drug development
- Environmental Health
Ten week program starting May 11th, ending July 31st. Some flexibility in start/end time is available for students with different academic schedules.
- Enrolled in a degree-granting program at a college or university in the US
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2+
- Minimum of one year of college, but no seniors graduating in Spring 2020
- Willing to followup annually, with academic and professional progress reports, via a brief online form.
To apply, send the following information by the posted deadline each year:
- Personal statement (maximum of one page) including:
- professional goals
- any prior research experience
- a description of how this program will help you achieve your goals.
- Your application form (from website) - please open and submit online
- Non-official transcripts including a list of courses presently taking
- Two (2) letters of recommendation sent by email
Dr. Karen Liby,
Associate Professor &
Director, SURF Program