Congratulations Dr. Karen Liby! Dr. Liby joined Pharmacology & Toxicology as an Associate Professor in 2015. Her fields of interest include: Inflammation, Cancer & Drug Development.
- October 19, 2017
- Congratulations: Rockwell lab for publication at PLOS.ORG
Inhibition of early T cell cytokine production by arsenic trioxide occurs independently of Nrf2
Kelly R. VanDenBerg, Robert A. Freeborn, Sheng Liu, Rebekah C. Kennedy, Joseph W. Zagorski, Cheryl Rockwell
- September 18, 2017
- Congratulations Dr. Greg Fink
Congratulations on receiving both the Irvine Page & Alva Bradley Lifetime Achievement Award from the AHA Council at their recent meeting in San Francisco, as well as the 2017 Council on Hypertension Distinguished Achievement Award.
- June 15, 2017
- Congratulations: Manfredsson, Bernard, Neubig
Congratulations to Drs. Fredric Manfredsson, Jamie Bernard, and Richard Neubig for their article featured in MSUToday titled "MSU Gran Fondo Funds Promising Skin Cancer Studies".
- May 30, 2017
- Diane Hummel
Diane Hummel, former graduate secretary for the department, has passed away.
- March 16, 2017
- Congratulations: Drs. Bill Jackson, Nate Tycocki, and Erica Boerman
Congratulations to Drs. Bill Jackson, Nate Tykocki, and Erica Boerman for their excellent review of ion channels in vascular smooth muscle regulation.
- January 18, 2017
- Congratulations: Dr. James Luyendyk lab
Congratulations to Dr. Luyendyk's lab on the discovery of a new pathway that stimulates liver repair.
- January 16, 2017
- Congratulations: Dr. Susan Barman, 2016 Distinguished Service Award, ACDP
Congratualtions to Dr. Susan Barman on her receiving the 2016 Distinguished Service Award from the Association of Chairs of Departments of Physiology.
- January 12, 2017
- Congratulations: Dr. Norb Kaminski, NAS report on Health Effects of Cannabinoids
Congratulations to Dr. Norb Kaminski for his work on the NAS report just released (1/12/17) on Health Effects of Cannabinoids
- January 6, 2017
- Promising new drug developed by department, stops spread of melanoma by 90%
Congratulations to the Neubig Lab on their development of a compound (and potential new drug) that reduces the spread of melanoma cells by up to 90 percent.
- October 17, 2016
- Congratulations: Watts lab!
Congratulations to the Watts lab on their publication in Physiological Reports
- October 5, 2016
- Online Programs: Summer 2016 graduates!
Congratulations to our Summer 2016 Semester graduates from our online MS programs!
- September 16, 2016
- Inhibitors of Rho/MRTF/SRF Gene Transcription
- September 9, 2016
- An interview with Rick Neubig
Science Direct: Trends in Pharmacological Sciences: An Interview with Rick Neubig
- September 8, 2016
- Congratulations: Kaminski lab for their latest publication in Toxicology
Immunological Characterization of the Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor (AHR) Knockout Rat in the presence and absence of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD).
- August 29, 2016
- Congratulations: grad student Sophia Kaska!
Our graduate student Sophia Kaska, is serving on ASPET's Young Scientist Committee.
- August 16, 2016
- Congratulations: Galligan lab on their latest publication in the American Journal of Physiology.
High-fat diet-induced obesity alters nitric oxide-mediated neuromuscular transmission and smooth muscle excitability in the mouse distal colon
- July 22, 2016
- Department to celebrate 50 years on campus
September 9 and 10 will be a weekend of celebration for the friends, students and alumni of the Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology at MSU as we turn 50 !
- July 11, 2016
- Congratulations: Dr. Cheryl Rockwell on the coverage of your research!
Dr. Cheryl Rockwell has found that a common food additive may be linked to a rise in food allergies.She will receive grant funds from the NIH / NIEHS after being included as an Outstanding New Environmental Scientist (ONES).
- June 22, 2016
- Congratulations: Dr. Bill Jackson on the publication of your paper in the Journal of Physiology
Arteriolar oxygen reactivity: Where is the sensor and what is the mechanism of action?
- June 21, 2016
- Congratulations: Michelle Steidemann (LaPres lab) - on your publication in the Journal of Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology.
"Data of enzymatic activities of the electron transport chain and ATP synthase complexes in mouse hepatoma cells following exposure to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD)."